Content & Quality Guidelines
CONTENT CAN BE DELETED AT ANY TIME, and without prior notice, if we feel that it breaks ActioNewz.com's Community Guidelines or ToS (Terms of Service).
CONTENT CAN BE EDITED OR DELETED AT ANY TIME, and without prior notice, if it does not meet our Content and Quality Guidelines. This includes such tings as editing a post for spelling and grammar, removing the offending post from the homepage, or deleting the post entirely.
With that being said, content that follows the guidelines below typically do very well and aren't usually removed.
IMPORTANT! Content should follow ActioNewz.com's theme. CONTENT THAT DOES NOT FIT, or that is better suited elsewhere, will be moved to the appropriate site within the network (if applicable), or removed entirely.
- YOU ARE LEGALLY LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU POST TO OUR PLATFORM
- Headlines MUST
- Be exciting!
- SPOILER FREE
- Be CamelCased (i.e. the first letter of each word should be capitalized, ex. "This Is My Headline").
- Minimum of 50 characters and maximum of 110 characters
- CLICKBAIT IS NOT ALLOWED. Be honest regarding what’s being covered in your content, don’t over-sensationalize them
- Summaries should
- Be 2 – 3 lines in length (130 – 190 characters) length
- No more than 3 – 4 lines in length (190 – 255 characters)
- DO NOT include links to other content in your summaries (those links should go in the body).
- CLICKBAIT IS NOT ALLOWED HERE EITHER!
- BANNER IMAGES
- Banner images are REQUIRED for all posts
- NO SPOILERS! The image is used by social and sharing feeds, so choose wisely!
- MUST be JPG/JPEG! (PNG files are too large and will take users too long to download, thus ruinging their experience)
- Larger images in 16:9 aspect ratio work best
- 72 DPI Resolution works great here as well
- BODY/CONTENT IMAGES
- JPG/JPEG! images for photos have the smallest file size and load the quickest!
- The site is designed for 690 width. Anything larger than 800 width can hurt the user experience and download times.
- No maximum height requirements (i.e. landscape and portrait images are both welcome)
- Delete the image width and height values that the editor puts in by default! Those fields should be blank, otherwise the images will become distorted for mobile viewers due to the way that the WYSIWYG editor handles those values.
- Embedded images MUST be from a secure site/URL (i.e. “https” NOT “http”). Using a non-SSL URL for an image will break the security of the platform/web sites and throw up an alert to the user telling them the site isn’t secure. That’s bad.
- Video Embeds
- MUST be pasted into the "Source" view of the WYSIWYG editor
(Click the "Source" button, paste embed code, click "Source" button again to go back to regular editing)
- Width and height should be set to 670 x 377 pixels
(The site will automatically resize YouTUbe embeds for mobile devices)
- OPINIONS AND REVIEWS belong in the "Editorial" and "Review" areas. If you want to share your opinion regarding breaking news, or other content, you may do so in the comments area of the post.
- There is a minimum character requirement for the content/body of your posts. Posts MUST include at least four paragraphs of text. Movie synopsis/cast DO NOT COUNT towards this requirement!
- The content/body of the article must be broken up into separate paragraphs! New topics/thoughts require a new paragraph! DON’T cram everything into one big paragraph. Not only is it ugly, it’s more difficult to read and will turn users AWAY from your content.
- If an article includes a trailer and summary/synopsis, the summary must be placed BELOW the trailer.
- All posts should be properly linked and cited to the ORIGINAL source using the “Source Name” and “Source URL” fields in the editor. “Thanks to ABC for pointing us to DEF!” within the content is fine if it was found via intermediaries, but it's not a substitute for the Source Name and URL fields.
- ALL POSTS MUST BE PROOF READ AND SPELL-CHECKED PRIOR TO PUBLISHING.
- ALL POSTS SHOULD BE DOUBLE-CHECKED AFTER POSTING.
- Links to other content by the author should be placed at the bottom of the post unless directly related to the content being shared.
- DO NOT POST SET PICS FROM OTHER SOURCES!
If there are any questions or issues regarding copyright and ownership (i.e. if it’s not from the official source/studio/press release, or you weren't given permission to use a particular peice of content), don't risk it!
Fill OUT All Fields!
- The teaser/summary is meant to entice users into reading your content. DON'T spoil it by giving everything away too early! You WANT them to click!
- Use the source fields to credit your source when applicable.
- Click on the question marks (?) for additional information on each field.
- DON'T FORGET KEYWORDS!
TAKE YOUR TIME WITH YOUR WRITING:
- Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation is a must. Please capitalize new sentences and especially "i".
- No "mobile phone/texting" language is allowed. Any content that looks like it was posted via A teenager's phone and text messaging will be removed.
- "Spell checkers", dictionaries and thesauruses are your friend!
- Proper layout and spacing required. If you are cutting and pasting a lot, double check your work and make adjustments accordingly.
- DO NOT USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IN HEADLINES OR CONTENT. Nobody likes being SHOUTED at.
- Word Processors have a nasty habit of bloating your source code, so take a peak under the covers every once in a while by clicking the "Source" button on the editor to make sure it's nice and tidy!
- When aggregating news from other websites, avoid taking too much, and always give credit to the source!
- ALWAYS credit your source. Use the "source" field and link accordingly!
- Rewrite and provide your own unique perspective!
- NO Messageboard "Threads" Allowed:
- Provide CONTENT, not a question meant only to generate discussion.
- If your contributions are uninteresting to a general audience, or not within the theme of the site/platform, they may be deleted.
- Editorials will be deleted if they are not self contained (i.e. you are posting open-ended "thoughts" without any analysis)
Duplicate Content WILL be Deleted:
- Ensure that you aren't wasting your time doubling up on content that someone else has already covered!
- If multiple posts are created within a short period of time, the best one will stay up. If there is duplicate content and they have been up for an extended amount of time before being caught, the FIRST ONE POSTED will stay up as long as it meets the content and quality guidelines.
- We do our best to notify users via email to explain why content is removed. Please make sure to check your email and junk/spam folder.